We here at Pediatrics Associates first want to say to all of you, our patients, THANK YOU. You are the reason that we do what we do and we feel blessed and honored to serve you and your families.
If you haven’t noticed, our world’s a little different right now. We are wading through waters that are new for our country and for most of the world. There are a lot of voices out there and at times things can seem a bit murky. We want you to know that we are putting our heads together to ensure that we continue to offer the absolute best pediatric care to your children while at the same time protecting them, you, and our community from the spread of COVID-19 as much as we possibly can.
You’ve no doubt heard phrases like “social distancing” and “avoid large groups of people” and “quarantine,” but even these can lead to anxiety when working through the practical needs of seeing your doctor when your child is sick with a sore throat or getting the recommended vaccines for your 2 or 4 month old. In order to continue to provide important medical care and routine check ups for your children while also keeping our larger community and healthcare system in mind, we are instituting some changes in the office.
- Creating an “Empty Waiting Room”……everyone’s dream for Pediatric Associates right?
- If you have a scheduled appointment or walk in to be seen, we ask that you PLEASE WAIT IN YOUR CAR and call one of the phone numbers listed below to let us know of your arrival. We will check you in and call you to notify you when your room is ready.
- Hickory Office: 325-793-8306 or 325-793-8314
- Buffalo Gap Office: 325-704-6049
- THESE NUMBERS ARE FOR CHECK-IN ONLY. For appointments or other needs call our regular office number 325-677-2801
- Our goal is to maximize SOCIAL DISTANCING and we are well aware that our waiting room is often crowded and cramped.
- Bring a phone or tablet and let your little ones watch a movie while they wait!
EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 23:
- We will begin seeing ALL SICK patients and patients receiving ANTIBIOTIC INJECTIONS at our HICKORY OFFICE ONLY.
- Our BUFFALO GAP OFFICE will be used only for NEWBORNS, WELL CHILD CHECK UPS, WEIGHT CHECKS, and SYNAGIS or VACCINE ONLY APPOINTMENTS
- As parents you shouldn’t have to feel conflicted about whether your child should come get important vaccines, or avoid an office so that you don’t risk getting COVID-19. We hope these changes will help to alleviate that conflict.
- To decrease the risk of exposure, we kindly ask that you make every effort to have ONLY ONE PARENT/GUARDIAN accompany the child that needs to be seen. Please keep siblings, grandparents, and others at home if at all possible.
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER and we will continue to do the best we can to create a clinic that is safe for you and your family while still functional in helping you attend to your children’s healthcare needs.
PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US as these are very new logistical things that our office staff will be working through. There may be some kinks and we will do our best to iron them out as they present themselves. We’re doing the best we can, and we are so thankful to get to care for your children.